Wednesday, January 19, 2011

.my superhero.

I think it's safe to say that I absolutely adore my family. Every one of them is wonderful and amazing. There is one member in particular that I would like to dedicate my whole blog post to because he's wonderful. And because I can. And that is my big old brother, Ben. Also known as Big brother, Jammin', Benny boo boo, Benny, or just plain Ben. Whichever you're feeling at the time. Anyway, I've compiled a list of why I love him so very, very much. I couldn't stop thinking of things, which explains the paragraphs.



So, here it is!!! 10 reasons why I love my biggest brother Ben!!!

10. He taught me how to safely (if that's even possible) ride a motorcycle.

9. Introduced me to some of my favoritest bands of all time: Muse, Monty are I, Halestorm, the acoustic versions of Flyleaf, Shinedown, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Needless to say, we rock out. I feel sad admitting that he literally had to sit on me when he put on a live Muse concert in order to keep me from running away and hiding under my bed.

8. Helped me find my very own reading niche. I had rarely picked up a Fantasy novel before we started hanging out. Now I can't help but devour every Brandon Sanderson book that I come across (I think I could dedicate a whole post on my love and obsession for those wonderful, delectable books...be prepared). He also gave me a book of Calvin and Hobbes which forever changed my life. He practically forced me to read Brandon Sanderson books. I thought it would be hard to get through a 600-800 page book, but my goodness, there are no words for my obsession!!!! I'm starting to see a pattern here...

7. He no longer refers to me as Ivy. It is sis or little sis. Period.

6. He encouraged me to run with a crazy dream that I had and make a story out of it. It's not done, or even close, but I never would have started without him.

5. We can talk for HOURS about our love for music, movies, books, and anything that makes us happy. He's not afraid to try new things. In fact, he encourages and sometimes lectures about the need to be creative. He set up a day where we just created things, whatever we wanted. He got out the paints and paper and wires and all sorts of materials and made everyone make something. I think he made a paper mache monster and a sword wielding knight. Who does that? :)



4. He used to drive an hour and a half to eat Mexican food and watch movies with me while I was at school.

3. He taught me how to love going to the movies just to see the previews. Who ever knew they were so necessary in the movie-going experience.

2. He's just as crazy as the rest of us!!

1. He's one of my very best friends.



"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero."
~Marc Brown

I completely agree!
-Ives

1 comment: