Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11



“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. May your coming year be a wonderful thing, in which you dream both dangerously and outrageously. I hope you’ll make something that didn’t exist before you made it, that you will be loved and you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), I hope that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind. And I hope that somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”

-Neil Gaiman, “A New Year’s Benediction"


okay. So, it's the new year. Woot woot! Honestly, it feels like just a regular day, but I guess this is the time where resolutions and new attitudes are formed and tortured in to submission. I only have one New Year's resolution, and that is to Be Consistent. I make goals and plans all the time, but it doesn't matter how much I change my mind if there isn't any action or consistency involved it the change. So there you have it! It took me until almost July to get a resolution together last year and I don't even remember what I chose, so I will just keep it simple and be done with it. whew.



Anywho, on to bigger and better things! My mom is finally here! She arrived late last night and we practically talked her ear off until she was visibly drooping with exhaustion...and then we talked some more! My mom is a champ.

I've made another list!!!

-5 MORE reasons why I love my mommy:


5. She plays the piano beautifully!!! And today might have been the first time I've heard her sing a song that she has composed. It was fantastic!

4. She puts up with my awful piano playing, and actually sits there and works through it with me. And she makes it better! Woot!

3. She gets excited about the little things.

2. She still gets cold in Arizona even though I know it's below freezing in New York :)

1. Her hugs. They're magical.

I love my mommy :)

-Ives

No comments:

Post a Comment