Tuesday, March 29, 2011

.spiderman.

Kenji is almost 5.

And since we would be out of town on his birthday, we decided to surprise him with his very own spiderman cake and birthday party.

It was epic.

My big sis informed me that I would be making a cake this morning and I went to it.

8 hours later, I came up with this:

I don't understand how it could have possibly taken so long, but that's just the way it goes sometimes, right?



I took one lunch break.

That doesn't seem right.

But at least it got done before the kids had to go to bed.


And it actually looks like Spiderman! Right...?


Right...?!?!?!

Kenji seemed to enjoy it. Which is all that counts in the end, really. :)

And it's always nice to have a good support system. I mean, I kept asking Micah what he thought of my carving skills and all he would reply with was, "Ivy (As he's looking straight into my eyes with a serious look on his face), it looks really good for your first carved cake." And "It's good enough for a 5 year old! Seriously!"

Yup.

Gotta love those support systems.

-Ives

No comments:

Post a Comment