Friday, March 25, 2011

.growing up.

I had a good long conversation with Kenji as I was making cookies today. The conversation mostly consisted of me almost lecturing him on how he is not to forget me while I go on my mission. And maybe I even threw in, ever nonchalantly, how he probably shouldn't grow up either.

He didn't say much about it all, until a couple minutes later, and this conversation unfolded:


Kenji: "But Ivy, if I don't grow up, Daddy will spank my bum!"

Ivy: *sporadic laughter (of course)* You crack me up, Chenny boy!

Kenji: Well, you crack me up! [pause] *giggle* We cracked ourselves up!

...two minutes later...

Kenji: I don't want to grow up, because I'll die.

Ivy: hm...

Maybe you just had to be there. Or maybe you just have to know Kenji. But he really is quite an exception child. And I did love making cookies under his ever watchful eye.

He also gives great compliments.

Such as: "Ivy, you make the BEST cookies and cakes in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!"

Yeah, I can live with that. :)

-Ives





No comments:

Post a Comment