Wednesday, February 16, 2011

.yup.


Alright. If you haven't noticed by now, I like to post lots and lots of pictures about the cake making process. Mostly so that it makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

I mean...of course I know what I'm doing...

hm.

Anyway...so here's how it went down.

In order to make a heart in the middle of the flipping cake, you have to carve out the center of the cake.

Like this one:



It's slightly different for the other half. It has a small island in the center of the cake, but I didn't get a picture of it.



When it's all carved, you fill it with a different colored cake. I added frosting to the cake, bakerella style, so it wasn't crumbly and stuck together quite well when we cut into it.

Then you stick both sides together (while praying feverishly that you didn't get the two sides mixed up and end up with an upside down heart...) and dirty ice it! woot woot.

You may then presume to take pictures of adorable children.

Such as this one:


Seriously? Seriously?!

Adorable. I mean, look at that little belly poking out of her shirt like that.


So... we just got a 1M tip and so I wanted to try out the rose cake idea and got this:




Perty aint it?

And when we cut into the cake, we got this!



No upside down cake for you!


-Ives

No comments:

Post a Comment