Tuesday, February 15, 2011

.rose cake.

For a special Valentine's Day treat (and honestly, another excuse to make it), I made a cake!

It was really quite yummy and I was trying out i am baker's rose cake tutorial, as well as her awesome "heart in the middle of the flipping cake" idea, which I tried out on my birthday. I just love the surprise when you cut in to the cake! And the anticipation of knowing if it actually turned out or not.

I'm happy to say that a Victory Dance was definitely involved at the cutting of this cake.

I'm planning on putting up some more in depth pictures of the cake making process, but for now, check out these awesome pictures taken with my Big Sis's brand stinkin' new iphone.



Pretty cool, eh?

Oh, and sorry about the mess. I wasn't expecting a picture to be taken!

...just keepin' it real here.

When I mentioned to Micah that the heart in the center of the cake was going to be chocolate, he told me that it would be black...just like my heart.

...or something along those lines.
For the record, it wasn't meant to be black like my heart, they were leftover cake crumbs!

...it's spurn by my laziness.

...or my black heart...

whichever you prefer, really.
I can't get over how awesome these pictures are!!!

Anyway... life is great. I hope yours is as well. :)

-Ives



2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that ridiculous?! hahaha I was cracking up though. He was completely serious when he said it, too. Didn't even laugh... I think he really thinks I have a black heart!!!! ...a black soul...!

    ReplyDelete