Sunday, April 3, 2011

It was Kenji's birthday today. And do you know who else shares his birthday? My stinkin' youngest brother Taylor! He's 17 years old!!!! AHHHH!!!! CRAZY!!!!!

How to make a spiderman cake head. As told by an amateur who has never attempted it.

This should be interesting...


Step one: Get some cake and form it into a block.


Step two: form a basic shape out of said block.


Step three: Try desperately to make that block into a recognizable human head.



Step four: Trim, trim, trim! I noticed his head was a little too big and round. Like a lightbulb!

Well, it still kind of looked like a lightbulb when it was all said and done, but we won't get in to that...



Step 5: Add a nose. I made just a rough little nose because, as you can see in the pictures, Spiderman's mask hides most of his features and squishes his nose down quite a bit.



Step 6: Cover in fondant. I was running out of time at this point, so it was a quick job and there's a whole ton of bumps and rips, but I really didn't care. The piping helped hide that anyway.



Step 7: remember to have someone take a picture of a very tired, basically demolished you when you're finished.

Step 8: Pipe on that frosting! This was a really quick job. Maybe 4-5 minutes worth of piping. Those kids were anxious! I probably would have tried to make the piping a lot cleaner...and make sure the eyes were the same size, but hey! It's cool right?

And there you have it. Cake. Spiderman Cake.


Happy Birthday Little Chenny :) Oh, and you too, Tay. If you would ever read my blog.

I forgive you though. Since it's your birthday and all. :)

-Ives

2 comments:

  1. Ivy! This turned out sooo great! I don't know how you remember to take pictures while you are doing this. :) The piping looks absolutely wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Delight!!! I'm surprised that it turned how as well as it did. There were some minor breakdowns along the way, but it eventually came together. I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete